Welcome to Twin City Chiropractic
Everything we do boils down to this: so that people experience hope, health, and wholeness. We LOVE what we get to do. We work hard, have fun, educate, encourage, and celebrate life-change with the people and families we help.
What we do:
We’re a Maximized Living Health Center. We’re part of a movement to help transform the hearts and health of people through the 5 Essentials: having an empowered mindset, corrective chiropractic care, quality nutrition, exercise, and minimizing toxicity.
Read about Maximized Living here:
And the 5 Essentials here:
How we got here:
Dr. Tom and Marissa Nixon are originally from Florida. They could open their Health Center anywhere in the country, and after originally thinking it would be Asheville, they discovered it didn’t feel like home. After lots of prayer and travel, they stumbled upon Winston Salem on the drive back to the Greensboro airport. Immediately when they pulled off the exit, they felt an overwhelming sense of God’s peace that Winston was the city they were called to. Their health center opened on January 21st, 2013 and within 10 months became the largest chiropractic wellness office in the Triad area. When people ask how, the response is simple: seek Jesus, love people.
Who are we?
We’re just ordinary people with big dreams hoping to live with purpose. Yes, that may sound cheesy. But we like cheese (the grass-fed kind). We fully appreciate doing work that matters and resting our heads at night knowing we made a difference that day. We’re super passionate about what we do and believe the best is yet to come.
Check out our facebook page here:
Our prayer is for Winston-Salem to be the #1 healthiest city in the nation. We’re taking steps to create the health center we’re dreaming of that allows thousands the opportunity to experience hope, health, and wholeness. Beyond Winston, our goal is to change our current healthcare system to reflect the 5 Essentials of Maximized Living. If we work together, pray together, struggle together, stand up for justice together, one day, for the hope of our children and our children’s children, people will be able to not only avoid unnecessary suffering but to live to their fullest potential.
How we get to help you:
- First and foremost, by getting to the cause of your symptoms to correct the real issue instead of covering it up with a medication or unnecessary procedure. We understand there is a time and place for medicine, but we also know there are less invasive options to allow your body to heal on its own.
- Specific, efficient spinal correction to allow your nervous system to function properly.
- At-home spinal care exercises to complement your in-clinic correction procedures, so your body can get well faster.
- Nutrition plans and tips to help you reduce the amount of dangerous toxins you’re exposed to on a daily basis. These can help you balance your body’s hormones and overcome resistance to weight loss.
- Encouraging health workshops to teach you baby steps to making lifestyle changes, living to your potential, and preventing unnecessary health issues.
- Through implementing the 5 Essentials. It all starts with mindset, realizing you have a choice to be healthy and every decision you make either walks you towards health or away from it. Once you make up your mind to take charge of your life, the only thing that can stop you is giving up.
What do we value as a team?
- Honesty and transparency – with our team, our communication, with our patients, with everything we do. If you always remain true, there’s never a need to untangle the untruth.
- Trust. We trust each other to get our jobs done and always have one another’s best interest at heart. We are family. We believe it’s the only way to have a healthy team moving forward with the same goals.
- We take responsibility for our lives. You’ll hear “it’s my fault” around our place fairly often. It’s the best response we have when we drop the ball. It’s not a blaming/pointing-fingers kind of thing. We have grace for each other. It’s an empowered/there’s-something-I-could-have-done-differently sort of thing. When we realize mistakes are our fault, we can learn from them, fix them, and move forward. Every failure is an opportunity to grow and improve. Mistakes are part of life but blaming everything else for them only leaves you helpless.
- Excellence. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.
- Love wins. Always.
- We get to give. We seek opportunities to be generous with our time, talents, and finances.
- We believe in laughter and play. Don’t get us wrong, we’re a disciplined, well-oiled machine, but we believe the happier and more filled we are spiritually, emotionally, and physically, the more people we can effectively help.
- Celebrate. Big or small. We celebrate life change with our patients, hitting goals as an office, and cheer each other on.
- Attitude of gratitude. When you change your perspective to see the good in every situation and be thankful for it, you’ll find less to complain about.
- Growth. We believe each of our team members should grow as individuals, as doctors, and as leaders in our city. Our goal is to constantly invest in our team so they may experience their fullest potential. We teach goal setting, personal budgeting, communication skills, leading with love, organizational skills, how to increase in capacity, and much more. The more we invest in ourselves, the greater impact we can make.
We strive to offer only the best all-natural care in the world. We know we can help you make a positive difference in your life. Our philosophy is to deliver real, lasting results through simple, easy-to-follow solutions.
To find out more, request an appointment for your first whole-health consultation.